см. тж. относить за счёт
• This multiplexing provides more input channels but at a sacrifice in (or at the sacrifice of) frequency response of each channel.
• The thrust is increased at the cost (or penalty) of an increase in specific fuel consumption.
• Ethylene production increases at the expense of the higher molecular weight olefins.
• Such power has not been obtained at the expense (or sacrifice) of reliability.
• Losses through evaporation are regarded as trifling.
• Increasing the chromium content results in improved corrosion resistance to scaling, but with some sacrifice in other properties.